Monday, September 12, 2011

The sellers world of s, that mean machine

It takes a special sort of person to sell on okay. I have met the best, I have met the worst, but still, we are sellers on okay. I startedplaying on the world wide webmore than7 years ago and what I have foundmore than 6 years agowas this amazing, sleeping, world changing web site called okay. I owned several thrift stores andsold at live auctions. I was always on the search to sell my wares. I was told of a new web site called okay which claimed to be an on-line auctionand I like others said "no way that will work". Boy was Iwrong. I went tothe site and found an abundance of products. The Fenton glassthat was bringing top dollar at the live auctions was going cheap on this site, so I started bidding. I found myself spending oodles of money. What I also found is that I was finding unique items to bring to live auctions and I was doing well with it.
Over the years of buying on okayI had this brainstorm, why not try selling my thrift stores items that sat too long on okay. Thus, I started selling. My first item I ever sold was a Gor-Tex running suit. I remember giving a lady 3 dollars for it at a yard sale.It took me a while to learn how to list it as I always liked to learn on my own.I started the bidding at 4.99. I watched every few hours. That was the most exciting part, to see if there was a bid. I remember the joy when the 4.99 turned green. I was glued to the screen for the next few days. I watched with a few zillion page refreshesthis suit go to an ending bid of 137.55. That was it, I was hooked. I bought a second geputer and put it in the store and started selling from one of my stores and I found out a few things. I found out that it was ok to send a check to someone in Norway that I have never met. What has happened is okay has changed the world I knew and that holds for many sellers.
We learned trust and the feedback system okayprovided was working. We also learned that people as okay would say were basiclly good and the feedbackwas the sellers character rating more or less. As more and more people found out about okaythe collectibles over the years were no longer collectibles for everyone was pulling stuff out of their closets and bringing to this market place the hard to find items. The McCoys, the Hull pottery, the Roseville, Fenton, and other sort after items were not bringing the prices as the years went on. I realized what has happened. okay has devoured itself. The yard sales, the flea market vendors, the thrift stores were all holding the best stuff for okay selling. Items were getting harder and harder to find.
I found out of an okay group in my local area and joined. There were 240 members and I spent many hours learning that I was not alone in my endevours. The group members shared their stories and I was amazed. Amazed that my experiences were not as unique asI thought. We all as sellers have our ways of selling and I was learning fast that okay had changed the world as I knew it. okay became my life, and I don't mean I stayed in front ofthe geputer. What I mean is all my business strategies revolved around okay. How to find stuff to sell, how to market it, and how to describe it. I learned a good description was one were you made believe there were no pictures and you had to tell someone what it was. This concept worked for me as my feedback started growing.
This okay machine now was the way to go. The way to go for brick and mortar stores, the way to go for the stay at home moms, the way for retired people, and a major blessing I learned for folks who were bed ridden and in wheelchairs, they were all selling. I found more groups and learned more. I found that my experiences that I shared was actually helping other people and I enjoyed the sharing. I found out aboutokaystores and joined a group called !!!Store Owners Cafe!!!and opened an okay store. The Antiques Anonymous group was the best. An array of hard working people, fact filled group whoare fun and informative. This okay machine was filling everyones voids from the business men and women supplementing theirbusiness's, to a person who always wanted to run a business. This sounds like a bio, but it's not. My story is the same for thousands if not millionsof sellers. Sellers found their niche of selling and the world truely changed and okay was blazing the trail for on-line selling. I now own Powerseller Auctions okay drop off stores and found that the world is still learning about okay. It will grow and grow. Where will it be in 10 years I wonder. Will it be gepletly retail? Will it still have collectibles? I don't know but I will tell you this, I will be there with it where ever it goes. An elderly man once told me "if you ain't catching fish in that there fishin hole, don't move, just change the bait". How true how true. Follow the trends, see whats in fashion, never give up. Join a group which can be found at the top of every okay page under gemunity button. The groups will guide you. The guides will guide you. It is all there. Never ever say I can't find a job. okay has provided one for you. Start selling and I'll see you there.

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment